Sunday, December 19, 2010

Introductory Mundanities

So, I suppose my first post on my first blog should be geared toward providing a bit of insight into exactly what the hell I perceive the purpose of this blog to be... and as such, that is exactly what this post is going to be about.

Personally, I think I make a pretty damn talented peanut gallery and I've tried my hand at it a few times in the form of Facebook notes, but with holidays now in their full swing I have come to realise that I have an awful lot of time on my hands... so, in addition to my staple 6 hours of gaming daily, I've decided to fire up a blog and slap my obligatory opinions on issues pertinent (in my perception, at least) to the game industry downthereupon.

I quite enjoy writing, and think I have at least some smidgeon of ability in it. I also love games – so I'm combining the two in a more routine effort than before, in the vague hopes of keeping my brain even vaguely stimulated... no, I kid, I've had enough mental stimulation for the holidays already. I'm just going to write things, and hope you read them :D

Just a bit about me, meself and I, so that I don't lose self-esteem due to the minuscule nature of my first post, before I actually kick things off.

I'm overall quite an FPS-junkie. I love me my Call of Duty and... well yeah, CoD4 has been pretty much my staple diet for 3 years now. Good times... in addition to that, I've recently acquired Call of Duty: Black Ops and Starcraft 2 (it's brutal – I don't do strategy...). In addition to that addition, I love me some RPG every now and then – Fallout 3 simply could not fall out (see what I did there?) of favour with me. Borderlands, Assassin’s Creed 2... the list goes on. Ok, well, it doesn't go on that much further, but I thought saying that would make me look better in some regard :D

Apart from conventional video games, (I'm a PC die-hard, just by the way) I also play some Dungeons and Dragons (Pathfinder), and am currently hosting a campaign for a couple of kids from my school.

Rightyo then, with that out of the way hopefully we can proceed...

Duncan
Out

No comments:

Post a Comment